THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY PURCHASE YOU MAKE SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM. THEY DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
1. The Company
We operate the website www.tilestaruk.com. We are Tile Star Limited, a company registered in Scotland under number SC285305. Our business is based in Scotland and our head office is at 22 Back Road, Dollar, FK14 7EA and our VAT registration number is GB 875 3825 85. Telephone number: 01324 619496. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This site has been produced for our United Kingdom customers and we do not sell to customers located overseas via this website. If you are located overseas and wish to place an order please contact us for further information.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated 01/06/2017.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
To cancel a contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 13, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to visit our Refund Request Form. You can also e-mail email@example.com and we will reply to you to confirm we have received your cancellation request. When doing so please include details of your order to help us identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail, your cancellation is effective from the day you send us the e-mail.
If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have complaints, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by post to the address you provide to us in your order.
2. Our Products
All images, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images. Furthermore, due to the bespoke nature of some of our products, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site may vary. Please also note that tiles are created in batches and some shade variation may occur between batches.
We also advise you to buy tiles, borders and decors from the same range as these may be sourced from different suppliers which might result in variations.
Please check your tiles carefully prior to fixing for shade variation, which may include dry laying. If you are not happy with the shade of your tiles, we cannot accept responsibility once they have been fixed; fixing to a substrate means that you have accepted the tiles in their present state so no refunds or replacements will be offered.
The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
3. Use of our site
Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of Service. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. How we use your personal information
5. If you are a consumer
This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
As a responsible retailer, we are aware than minors may incorrectly use tools or other DIY products. We do not knowingly sell to children and orders may only be placed by persons 18 or over.
6. If you are a business customer
This clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
7. How the contract is formed between you and us
Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in the next paragraph.
We will send you confirmation of your order in writing but this will not constitute acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of the order occurs when the products are despatched from your local Tile Star store, or our warehouse, to you, or you collect the order. The Contract between us will only be formed when the Products are despatched or collected. Your order will be based upon our product prices and delivery charges in force at the time you submit your order. If the prices or charges are different from those published this will be bought to your attention before we accept your order and we will give the option to cancel it.
If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail or phone and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
8. Our right to vary these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these terms were last updated and which terms were changed.
Every time you order products from us, the terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us.
We may revise these terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect the following circumstances:
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- changes in Tile Star internal policies and procedures
If we have to revise these terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected products or just the products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid.
After selecting your products from the range available, you will proceed to the checkout area. You will be passed to a secure online payment authorisation service that will process your card details and obtain payment from your card provider.
We will send you written confirmation of your order by e-mail but this e-mail will not constitute acceptance of your order we accept your order at the time we dispatch the ordered products to you and it is at that moment that a contract for sale is made between you and us. All our contracts are concluded in English although contracts for sale will neither be filed by us nor accessible to you.
Your order will be based upon our product prices and delivery charges in force at the time you submit your order. If the prices or charges are different from those published this will be brought to your attention before we accept your order and will give you the option to cancel your order before we accept it
LIABILITY- PLEASE READ THIS CLAUSE CAREFULLY
Please be aware:
- As part of our service we are happy to assist with working out measurements and the suitability of products for a particular installation, but it remains ultimately the customers’ responsibility to ensure suitability and quantities prior to fixing. We will not be responsible in the event that the wrong quantity of tiles, or tiles that are not suitable for any particular placing have been ordered. Please remember when ordering to allow for wastage with your tiles.
- Due to the manufacturing process products may vary in shade, tolerance and calibration this is especially prevalent in natural products. The variance in colours and textures is not a defect, but merely a characteristic and most natural products will require sealing prior to grouting and may require ongoing maintenance.
- You should not arrange for fitting until all goods are received and your order is complete. All lead times are quoted with goodwill, but we cannot be responsible for any failure to meet these or any consequential loss.
- If you are in any doubt about the suitability of the product, do not proceed to fitting but please contact our customer services team using the details on our Contact Us page who would be pleased to assist.
- Please check all goods prior to fitting as we are unable to accept any claims after the tiles have been installed except in the cases of any inherent non visible defects.
- Please be aware that there may be slight variations in colour, shades and dimensions from batch to batch. We advise you to order enough product to cover your needs accordingly as we cannot accept any liability for any minor differences in any subsequent batch or batches that you may need to order.
- Any products displayed on the website alongside your order are suggested accompanying products only. We cannot guarantee the suitability of these suggested accompanying products for your particular project and you should not rely on these suggestions. Save for circumstances where any accompanying product is faulty, we do accept any liability once tiles have been fixed if that product is unsuitable.
- The customer must notify Tile Star of any breakages or shortages with 24 hours of receiving the tiles. Tiles should not be fitted under your order is complete.
10. Sample Ordering
We encourage customers to purchase sample tiles before making their complete purchase to give a true, accurate and clear appraisal of the product and its suitability for its installation.
Please remember shades and calibration of tiles differ especially with natural products, so before fixing ensure you are entirely happy with the product as any claims once the product has been fixed will not be considered. Any purchases of samples are also governed under these terms and conditions.
You can order up to three 10 cm x 10 cm samples in any one transaction on the website. Please note you may not add multiple samples of the same tile.
Tile Star reserves the right to cancel multiple sample orders from the same customer, which may be identified by name, address or payment method used.
Full sample pieces can be obtained if required from any of our stores, or by ordering 1 single tile from this website and are charged at the price per individual tile. To return any sample tile you must take it back to store within 21 days of purchase along with a receipt as proof of purchase, and you will be entitled to a full refund. Please note we do not offer refunds on cut or damaged sample tiles.
Delivery on all sample orders is free of charge. Sample orders can generally be sent to all areas of the UK but if we cannot fulfil the order we may have to cancel and refund. You will be notified by phone or email in this instance.
To return any sample tile you must take it back to store within 21 days of purchase along with a receipt as proof of purchase, and you will be entitled to a full refund. Please note we do not offer refunds on cut or damaged sample tiles. If your sample has arrived damaged, please email email@example.com to arrange a refund or replacement.
Sample orders are despatched by 2nd Class Royal Mail.
Your delivery will need to be signed for when it is delivered to you so please ensure you make necessary arrangements for someone to be at your address to accept delivery of goods. If nobody is able to accept delivery of your goods, this may result in the goods returning to us and as a result any charges for redelivery may need to be paid by you.
You must make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of products when we deliver them in accordance with the stated delivery times for the delivery charge you have paid. If you do not accept delivery of the products or we are unable to deliver or are delayed in delivering products because of your actions or omissions then we may charge you and you will be liable to pay us for all costs we incur. Once our transport company has collected your goods from our warehouse if you wish to cancel your order, you would be liable for transportation return charges.
Your delivery will be delivered to the nearest accessible location to the delivery address that you provide to us (Kerb side Delivery). Please ensure that any hazards that may prevent your delivery being taken off of the delivery lorry are removed, to the extent possible. If there are immovable hazards or obstructions (e.g. steps, uneven or gravel paths or driveways for example) your delivery may be made to an alternative location between the delivery vehicle and your property. If your property has limited or difficult access you must let us know at time of placing your order, using the delivery restrictions comment box. The goods will become your responsibility at the point of delivery.
Please note delivery to postcodes starting BT, DUBLIN, GY, HS, IM, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV55, IV56, JE, KW, PA, PH9, PH15, PH16, PH17, PH18, PH19, PH20, PH32, PH33, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH49, PH50, TR21, TR25, ZE, KA27 will incur a higher delivery cost which is based on your exact location and the goods you are ordering. Please call Customer Services on 01324 619496 to arrange, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tile Star will not under any circumstances consider any financial demands from the customer for late or incorrect delivery. We always recommend that you never book a tiler or other workman until the goods have been delivered and inspected.
The store or customer service team will contact you within 24hrs of order placement to arrange delivery, or to advise of a collection date.
Standard Delivery Costs and Timescales are as follows:
(a) Delivery on standard online orders under £300 is charged at £40.
(b) Delivery on online orders over £300 are free of charge.
(c) For stocked Products, standard delivery usually takes 3-5 working days, although this is a guideline only.
(d) Some of our Products are ordered specially for you so they will take longer – the length of time is dependent on the supplier, we will call you to advise an expected day of delivery if this is the case.
(e) Delivery timescales for each item are on the delivery information tab on the individual product pages.
Special Delivery options:
(a) Next Working Day Delivery – this costs £40 on orders over £300, and £60 on orders under £300. This is a Next Working Day service on orders placed before 9am, orders placed after 11am will be delivered on the next consecutive working day. Delivery windows are normally between 7am-6pm.
To reiterate do not book a tiler or any other tradesperson until you have received your order. Tile Star are not liable for any financial loss to you incurred through late or incorrect delivery.
Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect them from us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
We currently accept PayPal as a means of payment.
13. Refunds & Returns
The following information is intended as a guideline. We will use our discretion with individual circumstances.
Please note the method of refund must be the same as the method of payment.
You have fourteen calendar days after receiving your goods to cancel your order under the consumer contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regualtions 2013 (“CCR”).
You can cancel any on-line order (excluding custom made or bespoke goods, or an ‘special order’ items. Special order is anything not held in our branches at time of ordering) and receive a refund (including standard delivery charges) by using the Refund Request Form or you can simply let us know by e-mail email@example.com within fourteen days of receiving your goods. You do not have to give a reason for your cancellation but a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future. Please note if you do cancel your order you must return the goods to us at your own expense.
- If you cancel an order you are responsible for returning the goods to us at your cost, we will not refund these charges. Standard delivery charges (The cheapest method of delivery available for selection by the customer) will be refunded. Any surcharges for express or upgraded delivery options selected by the customer will not be refunded.
- Any refund will be made to the payment method originally used to make the purchase as soon as possible and not later than 30 days after:- the day we receive the returned goods; or- if sooner, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have returned the goods
- Goods must be returned to us within 21 days of the date we receive notice of your intent to cancel.
- If you cancel your order you can return the goods to your local Tile Star store for a full refund including standard delivery charges. Simply let us know of your intention to cancel using one of the methods above in order for us to make the appropriate arrangements. Once the tiles are taken to a store, a member of store team will call us to confirm the goods have been brought back so we can process the refund back to you.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (e.g. 3 for 2) must also be returned
- After 21 Calendar days what you may view as a cancellation becomes a ’Return’, please refer to the returns section below.
- Once our transport company has collected your goods from the supplier if you wish to cancel your order, you would be liable for transportation return charges.
- We may make a deduction from any refund on account of any loss in value of the goods due to any damage to the goods or packaging resulting from unnecessary handling.
- This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights.
Resaleable goods refunds & returns:
The below applies to goods outside of the fourteen working day cancellation policy outlined above.
- If you have completed your tiling or flooring job and wish to return any re-saleable goods (if they were in stock at point of purchase) we will provide you with a refund. Please note that only full boxes of tiles will be refunded. Simply return the items within 21 days of receipt of goods in their original condition (‘special ordered’ and ‘sale’ items are exempt from this). Adhesive or grout and tools which have been used are non refundable. Tile Star reserve the right not to refund if the goods are deemed as not being in a re-saleable condition. Any delivery charge will not be refunded. There will be a restocking charge of 30% applied to these goods, on anything over £100.
- Please note that some of our products are classed as ’special order’, this means the products are custom made or specifically ordered for individual customers, as such there are no returns offered on these products. Again as previously stated all cases are subject to our discretion, if we do agree in a very rare case to take one of these items back there will be a minimum 30% restocking charge applied.
- Refunds will only be processed once the goods have arrived with us and we have inspected their condition and deemed them to be in suitable condition for resale. Any delivery charge from the original order will not be refunded.
- Please note once a refund is processed it may take up to 14 days for the funds to appear back on your card, this is dependent on the card provider and is not under the influence of Tile Star. Acceptance of these terms and conditions at the point of purchase represents acceptance of the refund period of up to 21 days.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (eg 3 for 2) must also be returned
All goods must be checked by the customer on receipt of goods – this is imperative. No responsibility for damaged product, shortages or incorrect products can be accepted after 24 hours / one working day (Mon – Fri) of receipt of goods.
- Where you purchase goods from us that are defective we shall (at our option) repair or replace such goods or refund the price of such goods provided that (a) you give us notice within 24 hours of the date of your acceptance of the goods and (b) provided that damage to the goods has not been caused by you. Our entire liability to you shall be limited to the price you paid for the goods and we shall not be responsible for any consequential or other financial loss that you may seek to claim for regarding the tiling or flooring job you are carrying out.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (eg 3 for 2) must also be returned
- If you find any damages on receipt of goods, you must forward a clear photo of the damages to firstname.lastname@example.org before we send out replacements.
We advise you to buy tiles, borders and decors from the same range as the tiles may be sourced from different suppliers which may result in a slight variation in size/colour.
Please check your tiles carefully before fixing. Shade variation is a design feature of most of our tiles. If for any reason you are not happy with the shade of your tiles, we cannot accept the responsibility after the tiles have been fixed. Fixing the tiles to a substrate means that you have accepted the tiles in their present state so no refunds or replacements will be offered. Please ensure you are happy with the shade of your tiles before you start any project.
Description of goods:
All images, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. All specifications given to the customer are approximate and intended as a guide only. We always endeavour to ensure all product descriptions are correct, but advise customers to seek technical advice from qualified sources prior to ordering products and any work to be carried out.
14. Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to us. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or re-post something on this website for any purpose.
15. Technical help
If you need further assistance with any of our products, please view our Contact Us page
16. Data Protection
Tile Star is committed to protecting your privacy and fulfilling its obligations under UK Data Protection Laws.
Tile Star will use your personal information in order to inform you of its offers, news and new catalogues and for profiling your purchasing preferences and other marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may keep your information for a reasonable period to contact you about our services in the future.
Tile Star may share your information with other Companies in our group and organisations who are our business partners. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS fax or email to let you know about any goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you.
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and details principles for its use. There are eight principles in the Act that Tile Star is obliged to conform to. The Act requires Companies which process data to notify the Information Commissioner describing the purposes for which they process personal information. The details are publicly available from the Commissioner’s
Tel: +44 (0)1625 545745
These principles for Data Processing are:
- Personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data must be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Personal data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Personal data must not be kept for longer than necessary.
- Personal data must be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Measures against unauthorised or unlawfully processing of personal data.
- Personal data must not be transferred to a Country or territory outside the EEA without adequate protection or explicit consent.